I’m a web designer and developer living in Orange County, CA. I’ve been in the design field since 2002. In April 2007 I decided to pursue an ambition of mine and have start my own design business offering the same services. Though I used wear a lot of hats, providing graphic and print design services, my primary focus is the web, both design and development. I’m well-versed in cross-platform development, and cross-browser layout issues, having designed and developed projects on both Apple and Windows computers, though I prefer doing all design and development on a Macbook Pro.
- Mobile / Responsive Design
- Web Development (Hand-coding, WordPress, PHP & MySQL)
- E-Commerce Development (FoxyCart, FoxyShop & Shopify)
- Ability to source and manage 3rd party vendors
- Strong communication skills with experience in negotiating contracts
- Graphic Design (Identity, Stationary, Documents, Invitations, Menus, & Advertisements)
- Email Marketing Campaigns (Design & Programming)
- Social Media Marketing
- SEO, SEM, Display Ads Experience
- Website Hosting (Linux/UNIX, some Windows IIS experience)
- Interactive Design (Flash, ActionScript & After Effects) Though I loved spending hours crafting the perfectly eased animation, there haven’t been as many requests for Flash after the rise of mobile.
Selected Client List
AIGA Los Angeles
California Health & Longevity Institute
Cerritos Public Library
Dole Food Company, Inc.
Dressed Santa Barbara
Fairlane Exhibit Co.
Fleur de lis Events
Habitat for Humanity
Han Asian Vodka
Hawaiian Electric Industries (HEI)
Huntington Beach Conference & Visitors Bureau
Luxury Brand Group
Manage My Life NYC
Microdevices Laboratory – NASA JPL
Orange County Museum of Art
Paul Mitchell The School
Reiter Affiliated Companies
Shape-Up Day Spa
The Event Loft
I’ve been running my own design business since 2007. Prior to that, I was the Senior Web Developer at Evolve Media in Brea, CA from 2002 to April 2007. Before working for Evolve Media, I spent years working as server and bartender at various restaurants in Southern California, which I credit for a recognition of the importance of customer service and instilling humility.
In 2002, I graduated top of my class in and received my Associate Science Degree in Multimedia from Brooks College in Long Beach, CA, the curriculum consisted of graphic design, web design and development, interactive design, motion graphics and video production. Previous to Brooks, I was enrolled at Orange Coast College, after graduating form Huntington Beach High School in 1994. At OCC I studied a variety of subjects including film, political science, mathematics and business. Though I had a solid background in business, I’d developed a passion for design and decided on a change of pace and began to focus on creative subjects with a transfer to Brooks College. I achieved the rank of Eagle Scout in November 1991.